header

header

Monday, December 31, 2012

Merry Christmas 2012

I can't help but get up early on Christmas to get the video camera ready and the regular camera ready! I peeked in on my bubby and he jumped right up so I knew he was just laying there.  He was so patient while we woke everyone else up and I told him no peeking into the living room.  He is a doll.  FINALLY it was go time.  I just heard, "I knew he was going to bring me that" over and over about everything, it was so stinkin' cute! Of course the big green machine in the picture and there was also a remote control helicopter!
He got a beloved official MLS Dynamo jersey and also in there was a new Texans jersey.  He was so excited.  Again, patient as he passed out gifts and let everyone go around and open instead of just diggin in.  Such a sweet tender heart. He did get a little excited and confused on the "to" and "from" and if his name was on either he gave the gift to himself, ha! We had to re-direct some gifts!
Tons of coloring, tracing and art supplies - TONS!
Hubby has been mentioning a pea coat for years but it's never really THAT cold here in Houston.  I finally found one that I thought was perfect for him on sale and with an extra coupon at Macy's so I had to get it.  It fits perfect and he loved it, awesome!  Here he is with his pj's on, pea coat and trying to fly the helicopter in the house.
Christmas Day was sunny and cold and extremely windy all day long so he could not fly his new helicopter at all.  But we did take the green machine out for a bit and I got some video and still photos.
Our old neighbors bought him some goalie gloves and a new soccer ball for Christmas.  The goalie gloves did not come off for 3 days unless he showered.  So of course more soccer outside.
The sun was setting on his sweet face here.....
 The following day the wind stopped so we drove to an open area to fly the helicopter.  They tried earlier that morning and it got stuck in the first tree!
I heard a lot of, "Dad, let me!"
Later that evening we made a fire in the chimnea as the sun went down....
 And one last attempt at soccer.....
 It was a wonderful Christmas and there was lots more after that.  Looks like this is all I will get posted for 2012 since tomorrow is New Years Day.  I will post the rest but it just takes time!

No comments :

Post a Comment