header

header

Tuesday, December 18, 2012

DIY Christmas art project (PITA)

 Ok, I am just going to say it.  PITA means pain in the arse! Probably first and last little cone tree I cover with a zillion ornaments, ha!
We have all seen them right there in the dollar section of Target. The miniature Christmas balls. The cone tree was 50% off at Hob Lob and the ribbon was already mine.  I thought it might be best to cover the tree first with ribbon but I bet that step could have been left off.  So, I wasted pretty wire ribbon!
I bought 6 packs thinking that would be plenty to cover this little cone tree, WRONG!
You will need to remove the top off of each one before you can hot glue it on for obvious reasons.
Start glueing and glue for the next week......
I started at the bottom and worked my way up. Then I ran out of bulbs about 6 rows into it.  Had to wait a day or two and make another trip to Target for 6 more packs, ugh!
 You will see lots of glue "strings" like this but I wait until the end to pull them right off. 
And due to COMPLETE frustration of running out of bulbs AGAIN I did not get a photo before my 3rd trip to Target for 6 more packs.  Are you doing the math?  Yea, I should have just bought a ball tree.
Finally!  Sweet mercy, it's done - PTL!
It is by no means perfect but that is how these projects go and I am fine with that.  I lost my helper a day or two into glueing, he was over it too.
It did turn out pretty but it was way too much time and money invested on what I thought would be simple and cheap! Live and learn and keep DIY!

No comments :

Post a Comment