header

header

Tuesday, September 4, 2012

1st day teacher gift - DIY Crayola Wreath

I always like to take a little something to the teacher on the first day of school. For Kinder this is what I made and it turned out so cute.  This year I wanted to try the crayola wreath.  I figured it could not be that hard and I was right.  Supplies needed were minimal.  A foam wreath, ribbon to wrap the wreath (I chose animal print to match the classroom because this year's theme is "Wild About Learning") crayons and a glue gun.  Kevin was at the store to pick up the crayons so I had no way to gage how many.  Needless to say it was about 100 crayons for this wreath so we donated 4 other boxes to the classroom!
Wal-Mart had these Crayola crayons for .50c a pack 
Little man was happy to help.  I wrapped the ribbon first and just glued in various places to ensure it stayed put.

That part took about 10 minutes WITH HELP....
Of course he wanted to do the glue gun.
I made sure not to put two of the same color next to each other and of course place them all the same direction with the word Crayola facing up to make it look uniform.
Then I added just one flower with a rhinestone.
Just a tad bit o' bling!
I went through my ribbon bin and found this wire ribbon to tie around the top for her to hang it by.

Easy peasey and Dominic hot glued all 100 crayons without losing interest so it was a fun project that he helped with! Mrs Arnold LOVED IT!


No comments :

Post a Comment