header

header

Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Mothers Day 2012

Our original plan as I mentioned in a prior post was to head to Galveston, our nearest beach.  We got a great rate on a nice hotel facing the ocean with a fabulous pool to play in.  That is where the fairytale of a Mother's Day ends.  Since D did not get his cast off I needed to cancel the room asap so as not to be charged any fees.  So I did.  Turns out his daddy was able to get him a water proof cast so we probably could have kept the reservation. 

Damned if you do, damned if you don't.
 
We already had Monday off from work because we were to have been frolicking at the Hilton Resort for a great Mother's Day so we decided to head to the hill country to see my in laws instead.  It was nice to be with MeMe for Mother's Day for a change.  And the weather the entire weekend was absolutely perfect.

Me and my ever-so-growing boy!
We often tease our folks that we frequent the same places when we visit Kerrville but when they host others they go to all these places we have never even heard of!  My FIL decided he would take us to a new place they discovered just about 15 minutes from their home, Stablewood Springs Resort. This is the entrance to the restaurant/ terrace/ view of the hill country.
Rare family photo as I am always the photographer.
Hills, trees and beautiful land all surrond the resort.
Could not resist a photo of these high chairs on the terrace. Bambi anyone?
The pool looked so crisp and refreshing but it would have actually been cold.
He sees something to climb, he climbs it. Cast and all. Just never stops.
Two family photos!  Too bad we had the shadows on our faces...
Great photo of Dominic with the grands.  Too sweet, great memories...
Being silly when I asked him for a solo shot.
 Of course I had a wonderful Mother's Day.  I am a mother because I was blessed 6 years ago with an incredible little human being who has so many unbelieveable qualities and he amazes me every day.  I love you Dominic and thank you for making me a Mommy!

No comments :

Post a Comment