header

header

Monday, April 16, 2012

Easter Weekend

Everyone has off Good Friday.....that is except, me.  My husband asks me every year and every year I have the same answer.  I was at this job 8 years before I met him 10 years ago and we get the same six holidays every year.  Nothing more, nothing less.  So based on our plans, I either work it or take a vacation day.  This year I took a vacation day so we could all three have a 3 day weekend.  We had no major plans and even if we had they would have most likely been adjusted since the boy broke his arm.  It limits A LOT.
Friday was gorgeous weather so we headed out to eat lunch somewhere outside.  We settled on Mexican food.  After lunch K suggested we visit Best Buy.  I wasn't really sure why or where this was headed but we were just going with no plans for once so why not!

Turns out he wanted to get me an ipad......3rd generation!  I had not done any research or anything, it was really just a surprise.  Of course it is amazing what it can do.  I had just finished the Steve Jobs book so talking with the geek squad and tech-e people who adore anything Apple was surreal to say the least.  We paid a little more for the 4G wi-fi so we can sign up with one of two carriers and be
wi-fi anywhere at any time!
The first app downloaded was.......

and this little boy knew his way around all the finger sliding on the screen.  That rough cast has been a thorn in my side.  I am afraid he will accidentally scratch the ipad screen but we are trying to be super careful.
For Saturday night dinner Dominic requested we do fondue!  That was the first time he requested it so of course we had to honor his request!  Several months ago K and I had date night at The Melting Pot fondue restaurant in the city.  We have done it at home several times but always used corn oil for cooking the meats.  At the restaurant they had a few other options and the one we chose was
Coq Au Vin which is red wine and broth based with scallions and thinly sliced mushrooms.  This is a much healthier way to cook your food and delicious!
The sauce started to heat up and Dominic's fav, the meatballs.
Of course it was not relaxing for us, more so Kevin, especially since Dominic is one armed right now. Daddy and I ate slower to get the little guy squared away after he finished.  He just gets so excited about things that it turns into hyper ville USA.  It was nice though and great just being with my boys.
The next morning Dominic woke up and was searching to see what EB left him (Easter Bunny).  He found his basket on the first landing of the stairs.  It is really hard to understand the expections of EB these days and there might have been some disappointment.  Not sure why but such is life.  He got a Lightning McQueen art set...
A Dr Seuss, Cat in the Hat movie and some other misc candy items.  I think EB knows the struggles for parents of kids this age with CANDY so there was not a ton. Perfect.
Kevin and I have always hid eggs for Dominic to do a little hunt.  I wasn't sure if he would be up for it this year or if that would be "boring" but turns out, he was eager.  That being said, don't judge with the plastic bag as his basket!

This face is the cutest.look.ever.  This is the "i can't believe you tricked me and put one IN the tree" ha!
And the gutter......

And this face is because Daddy stuck one in the trailer hitch on the back of the SUV.
And for memory sake, his broken little arm on Easter Sunday 2012.
Happy Easter to all and God Bless everyone.

No comments :

Post a Comment