header

header

Monday, March 5, 2012

Dominic turns 6!

Welcome to the Home Depot birthday party! Picture overload!!

I will tell you all about it but first here are my two favorite boys.  The young one was feeling lovey before we left the house and his daddy was loving on him.  Wait.  The young one always wants hugs and kisses so this is nothing new really. We are lucky like that.
"I did not even know Home Depot did birthday parties".....That seemed to be the common quote from each parent that attended or that I told.  Truth be told, me either.  I was desperate for something new, a new party idea.  All of his parties (except #5 last year was at Disney) have been at our home and they were themed. We had either a bounce house or a clown or even a trackless train.  But, it was at our house which means major prep and major clean up. I went to my favorite source for information, Google!  I found a blog by a mom in another state who mentioned this.  She said that it was more of a Kids Workshop type birthday but that you really just need to go in and ask your local Depot if they would be willing.  I decided to start by just taking D to the Kids Workshop. They offer them the first Saturday of each month and they are free!  He LOVED IT so I found the right person to ask about a party.  Basically you just buy the kits and invite your friends on any other Saturday but the first one (since those are set aside for true workshops) and all of a sudden it's a party!  Not saying all of them would do this but the lady I spoke with was a gem and so helpful the entire time. 
I found a cupcake holder about 2 weeks before the party, thank goodness.  It was red and that was not going to match so I just spray painted it black.  I am sure it will be several different colors along the way :)
I had these food tents made by THIS Etsy vendor.  She did my custom foods and design and was easy to work with!  Below is a construction hat from the$1 store with puff cheetos.  I realize the tent says "Dump Truck Delight" but I was lacking a dump truck but didn't know it when I ordered.  We have had no less than 275 dump trucks in our house but I did cleaning when I was on leave and well, yes.......gone.
The chicken nuggets were "Boulders"
The chocolate donuts were "Truck Tires"
I am realizing my photography was less than up to par.....Anyway, this silver pale was from Goodwill and I spray painted it silver.  I used the same measuring tape I mentioned in this post and wrapped it around this pale also. This tent said "Screws" and they were the small pretzel rods.
Oh, there is a good picture of the cupcake tent!
I loved the cupcake toppers from Etsy vendor Southern Belle.  Again, easy to work with and loved the color, patterns and variety.
I went on line to Home Depot and bought the kits from the Kids Workshop section.  There are tons to chose from but I went with the fireboats. Mainly due to price!  I knew I would have to order 12 and at $9.98 pls tax that would be sufficient.  I also ordered the paint kit for $12 I believe.  They even let us decorate for the party the night before which was so helpful.  They supplied the hammers and orange aprons you see and anything else I asked for really!  They were great to say the least.

Dominic and his friend Chase.  Chase's mommy and I have been friends for years!
And with Chase's little sis, Carleigh who is 2 and full of precious curls!
Our neighbors Ashton and Austin
Miss Carleigh
Cousin Cole
Dominic and his Daddy building
Now time to move to the paint table!
Cousin Morgan smiling!
Cousin Gage loving building with his daddy!
And yes, I brought my hairdryer because that is what they did at the Workshop!
My Bubba's boat!
His BFF from school, sweet Caleb!
Singing Happy Birthday to our sweet 6 year old!
Me helping him read his cards and open gifts!
My baby had a wonderful time and I loved that it was smaller than all of the other parties. It was definitely more manageable! 

Happy 6th Birthday Dominic!
Love, Daddy & Mommy

No comments :

Post a Comment