header

header

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Finding my new "normal"

Today is my first day home alone since being admitted into the hospital last week after losing my vision in my right eye.

I have been through a lot in the last week or so and so has my family.  I know this has been hard on them too.  And now I sit here and wonder, what is my new normal?  How will I learn to relax so that I can heal at home before returning to work?

Of course the coming weeks are filled with follow up doctor appts, existing doctor appts and just life in general.  Life does not stop and I don't want it to. I am a mover and a shaker who has gone to work everyday for the same company for nearly 18 years.

I know I can find my groove and continue to rest and heal.  Laying around all day is not my thing and I believe that would have a negative impact on my healing.  My family still needs to eat and they still need clean clothes.  Homework still has to get done. I can't really drive so that is going to weigh heavy on me but God has a plan.

I have this itty bitty feeling deep down that God had to say STOP......Slow down and smell the roses because life is too short.  So, I am doing just that.  

No comments :

Post a Comment