header

header

Saturday, November 12, 2011

Texas Ren Fest!

I have not been to the Renaissance Festival since I was a child.  And, I do not remember much.  We wanted to go last year but never got a chance so I knew this year we needed to make it happen!  The festival spans 6 or 8 weekends so there is a lot of time to make it!  I prayed for a nice cool day and waiting paid off.  Last Saturday was the perfect day.  The weather was cool and sunny all day

The festival is located just outside of Magnolia in Plantersville, Texas.  The grounds are huge and cover a square mile or two.  Here we are arriving.  One of the few places left on earth where backpacks are not searched.  At first, I was confused on why then as soon as you enter and see all the swords and such (as part of the theme) you understand why.




Me and my baby looking for somewhere to get his face painted.

But first, he got an ice cream sandwich.  Don't be fooled by the "ice cream sandwich" like we were.  It's not the kind with chocolate outside and vanilla inside and relatively just enough sugar for him.  No, this was a Texas Size ice cream sandwich nestled in between two huge chocolate chip cookies, yuck!  Too much sugar and it was too late.  Lesson learned.  Going forward I will ask to see it before I buy!

Half man, half horse.
Ah, we found a face painting lady without a line - score!

$10 bucks for the Texans art that looked awesome!

I thought this was priceless, Dominic checking out his face paint in the mirror!

Waiting in line to bungee jump for the first time.  K and I could NOT believe he was actually doing it!


The smile is worth a million dollars!  He LOVED it!


Not a great picture but these are huge swings.  They hold up to 6 people.  They were nestled under the beautiful trees and the wind was cool, they were a nice ride.  Dominic all but refused to ride but in true Mom fashion, I made him.  Low and behold he wanted to ride it over and over and over.

There were elephant rides for $5 p/p.  You would not even believe how short the "ride" was.  We did not go but D wanted to see the elephants up close.  I am not good at predicting an elephants age but this one looked to be about 100 and HUGE in person.

 Next up. rock wall.  What???  Whose child is this?

Go buddy!

Look at the stretch of those legs!

Ding, ding, ding - he made it to the bell!  I could not believe it :)
My loves....
 One more ride on the swings before we left.

And a run down the hill outside the jousting arena.
It was one perfect family day!

No comments :

Post a Comment