header

header

Sunday, November 6, 2011

Jack be Nimble

A few weeks ago Dominic came home on a Friday afternoon with a paper from school saying the following Friday Mother Goose would be visiting the Kindergarteners.  They wanted all the kids to dress up and learn a Mother Goose nursery rhyme of their (our) choice!

I knew Humpty Dumpty would be way too over the top of a costume then I got to thinking about the fact that Dominic also needed to learn a nursery rhyme so we needed to keep it simple.

I only had one day to get this together and that was the next day, Saturday.  During the week is impossible to go from store to store searching to make it all come together.  We decided on Jack be Nimble and of course blue jean overalls would have been perfect but there were no overalls to be found this side of town.  I could not spend any more time on that part so we settled on blue jeans and an argyle sweater.  I wanted to add eye glasses (minus the glass) but he refused.

Next I had to figure out how he could carry a candle all day or at least get it to school in one piece.  I decided to buy a piece of green styrofoam from the plant section and spray paint it brown.


Next I took my white paint and alpha stencil and painted a white "J" on it.


Then I stuck a candle down in it and that way he could carry it for the parade they were having at school that afternoon.
He was not happy that morning and I was rushing to get us out the door but I managed to snap a few photos.  None where he was smiling though...

So there you have it, our little Jack be Nimble!

No comments :

Post a Comment