header

header

Friday, September 23, 2011

Fall Decor!

It's Fall Ya'll!  No matter what the temps say here down south in Houston!  We have to press on with the calendar no matter the weather.

I always like to get my Fall decor out starting the first or second weekend in September.  Here is what I have now, some things new, most old and still likely for some additions at some point.

This year it was Sunday, opening day for the NFL, when I decided to decorate.

Below is a little pumpkin holder I found at the $1 store.  I knew it was cute and I could find something to do with it later.

Then D picked out these pretty fall colored flowers for our kitchen table.

And voila!  There you have a cute table centerpiece.

I invested in this little plant way back in June and I hot glued some red, white and blue spangled ribbon around it for the Summer/ July 4th.

Bye Bye red, white and blue.....


Helloooo, orange and black for Fall!

This orange pumpkin is metal and made for tea light candles if you chose.  Another $1 store find so I bought 6!  I knew I could sprinkle them about the house.  The metallic pumpkins behind, were in a package of 6 varying in size from Kirklands, $7.

Old Fall topiaries and last years Harlequin pumpkin (my fav) and a metal pumpkin on the left side of the mantel.


Metallic pumpkins, metal pumpkin, pumpkin face doll and another topiary on the right side.


The plant and a harvest sign in the middle.


3 more placed inside the entertainment cabinet...




Another fave is the lighted pumpkin you see below.  That was a Hob Lob 50% off find a few years ago.  As mentioned it was opening day so K brought down the corresponding football helmets. I assure you they are not there all the time!




My Gobble Gobble turkey guy and another metal pumpkin on the bar....


New find this year, Happy Halloween!


Another new find at Burlington Coat Factory for $3...



The sofa table decorated and Donut the everlasting Beta fish....



Cute door hanger found in Fredericksburg last Summer, $6


 
The candy basket as we get closer......
 
My scarecrows that have been here since we moved in, 6 yrs now. Note: All three faux pumpkins had stems at one time.  A certain toddler broke all of them so they are left with holes where the stems once were.  No problem, I just turn them all upside down :)


My new favs this year.  No, not the black candlesticks but the white pumpkins added to the sofa table.  I love white pumpkins.  These had really long stems on the bottom of them so you could use them to poke into wreaths, etc.  I just took my floral stem cutters and cut them off so they rest perfect on the candleholders.

Another Federicksburg find....
 

Favorite spoon rest but K actually propped it up on my small counter easel and I love it like that!  Good job honey!


No comments :

Post a Comment