header

header

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Helping me cook and hanging out on a Friday night

Last Friday I decided I wanted to cook something easy, affordable and quick!  Kevin usually cuts the grass, Dominic is in and out and I am always picking up around the house. Kevin and I are usually tired from the work week so we like to eventually relax. Wait!  Relax? Not with a 5 yr old boy that never sits down!

 I am burnt out on Friday sandwiches or pizza and although Chinese take-out sounded divine I am always watching the budget!

I decided on beefy mac.  Not sure what else to call it but it's ground meat, macaroni, tomato sauce and cheese.  Here is Dominic helping me brown the meat.


Oh and I bought some fresh bread to cut into baguettes....


Season and brown the ground meat, drain and combine with cooked macaroni noodles and 1-2 cans of tomato sauce.  I had a handful of grated parmesan left over so I mixed that inside the casserole.

Meanwhile Daddy finished the lawn and the boys were cooling off in the pool.


I put more cheese on top (shredded Mexican blend) then baked in the oven until heated through.
Here is the finished product!  Delicious and a hit with my family!


No comments :

Post a Comment