header

header

Sunday, April 3, 2011

April weekend 2011

Our neighbor, Uncle Eric, was kind enough to let Dominic spend most of Saturday with him as he made some repairs to his Toy Hauler on the loading ramp for his Harley.  It started by him inviting D to go with him to pick up his trailer from storage and bring it back home for the repairs.  Well, he had him hooked!  There is no just inviting him and not well, letting him be involved in the rest of the day! ha!

Needless to say, because he spent lots of time over across the street today, Daddy and I were able to get a bunch of stuff done!  A BUNCH. THANK YOU Uncle Eric!

Daddy mowed and I pulled weeds, tons of them.  And look, my flowers are blooming!



Knock out roses: One of the prettiest, easiest flowers!

I picked out red a few years ago and Kevin picked out the white ones.  They are planted in front of our hedges in the front yard.


And we had a 8:30a visit from the Geek Squad.  Best Buy has always been #1 with us in customer service and we always make sure to buy warranties, thank goodness!  He had to replace a board on the back of our TV in our bedroom and he was here maybe 20-25 minutes and it would have cost $250.  For us = $69.99 was the cost of the warranty at time of purchase....always buy warranties folks!

Potted flowers on the back patio.........waiting for the bougenvilla to bloom in the pot with the "M".  It was protected all winter so I know it is fine, just nothing yet.


My first hanging basket.  I got the itch for one this year.  I must admit I never really cared for them when I was a kid and my granny had tons of them everywhere, or maybe it was just the cluttered jungle feel in her backyard, ha!

It had been hot enough to get the pool back out so K did that today.  Here he is getting all the wrinkles out before starting to fill it.


I was juggling pulling weeds, helping K with the pool, checking on Dominic across the street AND tons of laundry on my bed!  Busy busy!



Starting to fill the pool......Hot, Sunny and HUMID.

My wonderful husband and all my tedious projects!  He drilled holes to mount the bracket for the hanging basket.  I love this flower too, the bougenvilla, easy and blooms all the time for most of the year.  Can't wait to see it get bigger and bigger and enjoy it from sitting in the pool.  I told K this must have come from somewhere tropical straight to Lowes to have this many blooms!


D finally came back home to his "boring" parents and could not wait to get in the pool.  By now though, it had turned over cast again and the water was cold.  He got in and convinced his daddy too!  My sweet boys, I love 'em.


Horseplay is always the name of the game with D and K in the pool.



Looking forward to cooking fajitas outside today and hopefully some sunshine before back to the bump and grind tomorrow.  I heart weekends with my fam.

No comments :

Post a Comment