header

header

Friday, March 11, 2011

5th birthday family style!

Although we celebrated huge at Disney we thought it would be nice if Dominic could have his cousins over for some cake, ice cream, hot dogs and to sing Happy Birthday to him.  Our Disney trip was about 2 weeks before his actual birthday and from the time the festivities started this year until the end, it was almost a month long celebration!

He helped me make the cupcakes for his party later that afternoon.  He loves to put the "cups" in the pan for the cupcake batter.


And stir the batter.........


And ask to lick the beaters when we were done!

Ready to cook, 18 is plenty!


While those were cooking he helped me make the homemade green dip served at Chuy's.  I actually think mine tastes better than the restaurant because I have perfected it!

He pulled the leaves from the cilantro and in his 5 yr old terms, this was a rather tidious step but bless his heart he told me he would help me so I could go faster....(really, faster?)  ahem, okay!


Daddy took him out for some last minute errands so I could ice and sprinkle the Mickey Mouse (great theme, huh?) cupcakes.


And do a little table decorating and re-arranging.....


Here he is trying NOT to touch the cupcakes.


I bought this "5" at Hobby Lobby. It was plain brown paper like so I just spray painted it silver with a can I had and hot glued it to stand up straight. I also had some sticky letters in my arts and crafts stash so I put his initials on it too!

He and Daddy came home with these awesome "5" balloons!


I also found this Mickey Mouse stand up at Hobby Lobby so I bought it to add to my party planning stuff.  D really liked it.




Silly boys chillin before the party....


Love the clarity of the new camera but when someone has chocolate on their face.....well, you
can really see it!  ha!


Baby Gage having fun on the slide


Cousin Cole too......

Singing to the birthday boy.


Blowing out his cupcake.  Note: I only had 4 candles and asked him for forgiveness.  He was so sweet and
said, "Sure, it's okay Mommy."  Love him....

Cousin Morgan enjoying her cake!


I did not get a good picture but we surprised D with a new bike, bigger and better!  His third one I might add.  He loves loves loves to ride his bike.

Kisses from Grandma Deborah



On Monday the 28th, his actual birthday, his class had this sign up..


Daddy and I came to the cake, ice cream and puff cheeto party (D requested this menu so that is what we brought).  He was so happy to see his daddy b/c he wasn't sure if he could make it or not.


Of course Mommy was there too.



That evening we planned a surprise dinner out....His guesses included Chick-Fil-A, McDonalds, etc.....



We chose Shogun Japanese, he loves when they cook in front of you!








Whole table singing Happy Birthday to him....


When we got home our neighbors, Uncle Eric and Aunt Bru, came by to give him
a gift.  They are sweet like that!

It was a remote control ATV and he loves it.

Happy 5th Birthday baby boy, we love you so much!

No comments :

Post a Comment