header

header

Friday, February 4, 2011

What to do on a rare "Snow Day"?

Well the weathermen have predicted quite a week leading up to today.  They DID predict 1-3" of snow here so we made the mistake of telling Dominic.  Unfortunately there was no snow, just dangerous ice!


I had to take a vacation day from work so I would not have to worry about driving in it or about whether or not daycare would close at the last minute and traffic would be miserable trying to get to my son.  This is always my fear in case of any type of emergency.  I, like most parents, just want to know my son is safe and sound and with ME.

He was very disappointed when he woke up today because there wasn't any snow on the ground but more so because we could not build "Frosty".  I realized it was going to be a long day and we had to start somewhere.......I decided to make him cinammon toast for the first time and of course he wanted to help.


I love his little hands........


Such precision....ok, not really, I had to intervene with the amount of cinammon sprinkled!



My awesome weekend coffee mug!



He enjoyed the toast so much that he wanted more.  I already predicted that outcome so I made enough the first time! ha!

Then we spent the day napping, kissing and cuddling.  Here are my boys loving on each other:


We headed to Wal-Mart to get out and we joined 52,000 other people doing just that.  Oh well, we needed some time OUTSIDE.  Of course Kevin and I could have just stayed inside but the little guy was getting restless!

We came home and made a fire with the last of our logs, Wal-Mart was sold out already!


Tonight we are having pizza and just relaxing.  Tomorrow is haircuts and haircolor in prepping for our big trip in 7 days!!!

No comments :

Post a Comment