header

header

Thursday, August 19, 2010

Mommy's 39th

Last week was my 39th birthday and my husband had a few surprises planned out.  He sent me a Outlook appointment for the Friday we took off from work with a time line of our day!  Mine started with sleeping in until 6:30a because we still wanted to keep Dominic on schedule somewhat and take him to school.  Trust me, this was sleeping in because I get up at 5a every work day.  As luck would have it I was just too exhausted (maybe more mentally since I knew it was my day off) and when Kevin woke me up I just proceeded upstairs to the guest room and fell back asleep.  My sweet husband took care of getting Dominic up and dressed in his swimsuit for splash day at school and off they went.  I woke up around 7:15a and believe it or not, I felt rested.  I was a little sad that I missed saying goodbye to my little love bug that morning but I knew his dad took perfect care of him.  Next on my agenda was to drink coffee....yes, according to my Outlook appt!  I relaxed and had coffee then my next surprise was a 1 hr massage.  It was heavenly!  I returned home to shower and my husband and I headed off to lunch at the new City Centre at Town & Country Village.  We had a wonderful sushi lunch at RA Sushi then walked around City Centre.  I did not get too many pics but here I am at the hotel pool in the private swim up cabana's!  Sounds like a date night to me!
Here is my handsome hubby after eating sushi.....

We did some other errands and shopping and took our time without having a radical 4 yr old in tow! ha!  It was like old times, like when we were dating.  But before we knew it, it was time to pick up this little man from school and come home and do this with him on my birthday.  I.loved.every.minute.

On another note, it's dreadfully hot outside here in Houston in August.  When you work all day but your child gets to take a long nap at school, you are stuck between a rock and a hard place when you get home.  The kiddo is full of energy but your energy is zapped.  It's too hot outside to even play so off to the Splash pad Mommy and Dominic went.  I had to find ways to burn some of his energy!

2 comments :

  1. Cool Splashpad. Is that in your neighborhood? We will have to have a playdate!!!

    Looks like you had an awesome birthday! Nice job Kevin!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, it is! We should have more for the HOA we pay but don't get me started on my HOA....A playdate for sure next year since the season is about to end Labor Day weekend!

    ReplyDelete